Corporate Sustainability Vision（jump）
The Maxell Group has formulated its Corporate Sustainability Vision for contributing to the Earth 100 years from now through its mission: "Contribute to a sustainable society by innovating unique,original technologies."
Formulation of the Corporate Sustainability Vision
There are concerns that capitalism that pursues shareholder profits and excessive short-term profits is a driving factor in increasing inequality, worsening environmental issues, and other negative effects. Movements calling for a substantial revision of capitalism, such as stakeholder capitalism*, are gaining traction.
Against this backdrop, the Maxell Group has formulated its Corporate Sustainability Vision, which clearly sets out its position aiming for long-term increase in corporate value emphasizing relationships with diverse stakeholders.
The Corporate Sustainability Department was established in April 2020. Its basic policy is to play a role in promoting the realization of Maxell's mission. In carrying out this basic policy, the department will aim to internally promote two concepts for business activities throughout the Group: "Think about the medium to long term and evaluate (do not succumb to the pursuit of short-term profits)" and "Create social and economic value as well as economic value."
* A key theme of the World Economic Forum (WEF) annual meeting (Davos Summit) held in January 2020.
Maxell Group's Sustainability
Based on its basic management policy of MVVSS, Maxell will realize its VISION of "Create Maximum Excellence for employees, customers, and society by leveraging unique Analog Core Technologies"by solving social issues through its businesses.
To achieve this, we believe it is important to identify important issues that Maxell should focus on, set specific initiatives and targets in its medium- to long-term strategy, and resolve them through its businesses.
Through its business activities, Maxell Group contributes to solving social, environmental, and economic issues in global markets, and supports the implementation of sustainability management that leads to sustainable growth and maximization of corporate value.
- 1.Contributing to the achievement of SDGs targets through CSR/CSV initiatives
- 2.Formulation of key issues in addressing ESG/SDGs
- 3.Establishment and support of company-wide activities by business divisions and headquarters divisions
- 4.Promote education and enlightenment activities for inside and outside the Company
- 5.Visualization of activities and strengthening of communication ability to stakeholders
(customers,employees, business partners, investors)
- 6.Improving the rating of ESG ratings
- 7.Support for integrating SDGs and management (linking business activities)
- 8.Strengthening branding capabilities through SDGs activities
Sustainability Promotion System
- Important points for unified management between the representative contact of business divisions and the head office divisions
- Establish a company-wide promotion system that includes group companies
- The Corporate Sustainability Division organizes cross-sectional working groups to promote sustainability activities.
Activities of the Corporate Sustainability Division
The Corporate Sustainability Division works in collaboration with business divisions, group companies, corporate divisions, and working groups composed of sustainability promotion committee members for company-wide activities.
Liaison meetings are held regularly to promote sustainability measures while sharing direction.
Major Activities in Fiscal 2020
- Formulation of Corporate Sustainability Vision
- Establishment of a sustainability site and disclosure of ESG information
- Sustainability awareness activities(education, lectures by outside experts, etc.)
- Revision of long-term CO2 emission reduction targets and promotion of specific measures
- Relationship between business activities and SDGs(level of contribution to social and environmental issues)