Our background of Personal Information Protection Policy
Maxell, Ltd. (hereinafter "Maxell") handles a variety of information through its business activities, including our technical information and information entrusted by customers, in order to contribute to a sustainable society through the pursuit of innovation in original technologies.
Accordingly, Maxell has endeavored to establish and thoroughly implement information management system in order to respect the value of this information.
In light of these circumstances, Maxell shall establish regulations and management system for the protection of personal information, establish personal information protection policy, make it known to all directors and employees, and take measures that are readily available to the general public. In accordance with this policy, Maxell will strive to protect personal information in an appropriate manner.
Personal Information Protection Policy
1. Establishment of personal information management rules and continuous improvement of the personal information protection management system
Maxell will steadily implement the Personal Information Protection Management System by establishing personal information management rules to ensure that officers and employees are aware of the importance of personal information protection, appropriately utilize and protect personal information. Furthermore, Maxell will maintain and continuously improve the system.
2. Prohibition of Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information and Use for Other Purposes
In light of the fact that Maxell retains personal information in its business activities, Maxell will establish a control system for the protection of personal information in accordance with the actual conditions of each business, and will handle personal information appropriately in accordance with prescribed regulations in the collection, use, and provision of personal information. In addition, Maxell will not use for any other purpose, and will take measures to do so.
3. Implementation and correction of safety measures
In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, Maxell will implement measures to control access to personal information, restrict the means to remove personal information, and prevent unauthorized access from outside in accordance with various rules and regulations concerning information security, and strive to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
In addition, if a safety measure problem is found, the cause of the problem is identified and corrective action is taken.
4. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
Maxell will comply with laws and regulations concerning the handling of personal information, guidelines and other norms established by Japanese government.
Maxell will also ensure that its Personal Information Management Rules comply with these laws, regulations, guidelines, and other norms.
5. Respect for the rights of individuals with respect to personal information
Maxell will respect the rights of individuals with respect to personal information and respond in good faith to requests for disclosure, correction, or deletion of information, or refusal to use or provide such information, as well as complaints and requests for consultation.
Enacted on February 1, 2005
Revised on April 1, 2022
President and Representative Director
About the Privacy Mark
Maxell has been granted the Privacy Mark certification by the Japan Information Economic and Social Promotion Association, which is granted to businesses that handle personal information appropriately.
Scope of Application
The content of the "Concept of Personal Information Protection" stipulates the handling of personal information that Maxell receives from customers through our business activities.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information and
Provision to a Third Party
- 1. We shall use the Personal Information only to the extent necessary for the achievement of the purpose set forth in each of the following items:
- (1) Holding events and sending information on products and services to customers and business partners
- (2) Providing membership services to customers
- (3) Providing after-sales service to customers
- (4) Response to Customer Inquiries
- (5) Response to repair requests from customers
- (6) Response to Accidents and Complaints from Customers
- (7) Analysis to improve products and services
- (8) Customer survey and analysis
- (9) Implementation of agreements between our customers or business partners and us
- (10) Contact with business partners for business negotiations and meetings
- (11) Recruiting activities
- (12) Personnel and labor management of employees
- (13) Production and shipment of IC cards, magnetic cards, and related products
- (14) Operations with respect to shares
- (15) Security and safety control by security cameras
Among the above items, in the event that personal information shall be provided by the Individual in writing directly (including electronic means such as the web or e-mail), the Company will clearly indicate the purpose of acquisition and use of such personal information and obtain the consent of the Individual Concerned in advance.
- 2. We will not provide personal information to any third party without the prior consent of the customer.
Provided, however, that in the event of any of the following, personal information may be provided to a third party without obtaining the consent of the customer.
- (1) In the event that it is based on the provisions of laws and regulations
- (2) When it is necessary for the protection of life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- (3) When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- (4) Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ, a local government, or an entity entrusted thereby in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the customer may hinder the execution of said affairs
- (5) In the event the handling of personal information is entrusted to the extent necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Acquisition and Use
- (6) Transfer of personal data due to succession of business in accordance with merger, spin-off, or other reasons
- 3.Maxell may provide personal information on our customers, such as names, workplaces and home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, and e-mail addresses, to the relevant group companies when conducting business activities in collaboration with our group companies.
Please refer to the following for response procedures, etc.
Security Control Measures
Maxell takes the following measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to properly manage personal data.
- 1.Formulation of the Basic Policy
- Formulation of the Basic Policy This Basic Policy has been established to ensure the proper handling of personal information and to notify the contact point for questioning and complaint processing.
- 2.Development of Disciplines Regarding the Handling of Personal Data
- Personal information management regulations are established for each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion, disposal, etc., with respect to handling methods, persons in charge, persons in charge, and their duties, etc.
- 3.Systematic security control measures
- (1) Appointed a person responsible for the handling of personal data (Personal Information Control Manager).
- (2) Clarification of the scope of personal data handled by the employee handling personal data and said employee
- (3) Establishment of a system to notify the Personal Information manager of any fact or sign of violation of laws or internal regulations
- (4) Conducted periodic self-inspections of the status of the handling of personal information and conducted audits by other departments and external parties
- 4.Human security control measures
- (1) Periodic training for employees on matters to be noted regarding the handling of personal information
- (2) Matters concerning the confidentiality of personal information are described in the Work Rules.
- 5.Physical security control measures
- (1) In areas where personal information is handled, measures are implemented to control the entry and exit of employees and to restrict devices etc. brought in, and to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing personal information.
- (2) Take measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, documents, etc. handling personal information.
- (3) Take measures to prevent personal information from being easily identified when carrying devices or electronic media that handle personal information, including movements within business sites.
- 6.Technical security control measure
- (1) Limit the scope of personal information handled and persons in charge by implementing access control
- (2) Introduced a mechanism to protect information systems that handle personal information from unauthorized access from outside or from unauthorized software.
Some of Maxell's websites use cookie (Cookie *1 or web beacon *2 to improve/change the content of the website services to better satisfy our customers. Cookies and Web beacons are small text files that are sent from the Web site to your terminal for recording purposes. Cookies identify your device, usually a web browser, but do not identify you individually.
Cookies are necessary for users to enjoy using the website comfortably and record preferences (such as your language) and web site events (such as login status and uses in carts). On the other hand, it improves functionality, gathers analytical data to improve performance, allows users to track on the Internet to display personalized ads from this site or ad tech partners, or share on social media.
Glossary of Terms
Requests to Customers
- 1.Most of the services Maxell provides are available without the necessity for your personal information. Please note, however, that there are some services that Maxell may not be able to provide if Maxell do not receive the personal information from you.
- 2.If you use a website other than Maxell's site that is linked from Maxell website, Maxell assumes no responsibility for ensuring the security of your own personal information.
- 3.Customers are requested to agree with the explanation of "Concept of Personal Information Protection" before entering the information.
If you are unable to agree with the explanation in "Concept of Personal Information Protection," you may not be able to use the inquiry services Maxell provides.
- 1.Maxell may revise the Personal Information Protection Policy, which has been posted on this page, in order to realize better personal information protection and in accordance with revisions to laws, regulations, and other codes. Please check it regularly.
- 2.The contents of this web page shall apply after the date of posting (including the date of update).
- 3.In the case where the individual content provided by Maxell is individually based on the regulations for the protection of personal information or is linked to the content that indicates it, the content stated for the protection of personal information is given priority.