- Released 4.7GB DVD-R discs.
- Released 4.7GB DVD-RAM discs.
- Commercialized 2.8GB compact (8cm) DVD-RAM discs for video cameras.
- Developed a new alkaline battery with a power tank construction.
- Released LTO Ultrium1 data cartridges.
- Released Super DLTtapeR I.
- Commercialized Coil-on-Chip RFID.
- Released new alkaline batteries with a power tank construction.
- Commenced production of 3.8mm-thin lithium ion rechargeable batteries.
- Commenced shipments of thin-film filter samples for optical communications.
- Introduced 9.4GB DVD-R/-RW dual discs for long time recording
- Launched the New Dynamic series of alkaline dry batteries with power expander technology.
- Completed construction of the Maxell Tokyo Building.
- Commenced manufacturing of Digital Pen and research and development of next generation products, with Anoto in Sweden.
- Commenced shipments of LTO Ultrium2 data cartridges.
- Obtained the world's first qualification certificate of Super DLTtapeR II cartridge.
- Commenced shipments of DAT72 data cartridge.
- Commenced shipments of camera lens units for cellular phones.
- Launched Blu-ray Discs for recordings.
- Commenced production of pickup lenses.
- Commercialized heat-resistant, coin-type lithium manganese dioxide batteries.
- Released a brand-new alkaline battery, Epsialpha.
- Commenced shipments of the alkaline dry cell New "dynamic" which attained industry first, and use recommendation term four years (JIS standard).
- Developed the bismuth system phase change record film which made rapid recording of the recordable DVD possible.
- Commenced shipments of commercial-use pigment inks.
- Commercialized the world's first 5X DVD-RAM disc.
- Commenced shipments of LTO Ultrium3 data cartridges.
- Commenced shipments of the first in the world, alkaline dry cell "Epsialpha" with 100% of zinc particle "micro zinc" use.
- Commenced shipments of the alkaline dry cell New "dynamic" which attained industry first, and use recommendation term five years (JIS standard).
- Commenced shipments of camera lens units for vehicles.
- Commenced shipments of the near-infrared resonance simple substance film for plasma displays.
- Commenced shipments of 3590Extended data cartridge.
- Commercialized a silver oxide battery that is completely mercury-and lead-free.
- Commercialized lithium manganese dioxide (CR) cylindrical batteries.
- Merged Maxell Electronics (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. with Tohshin Precision
(Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. to establish a new company: Maxell Tohshin (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
- Developed the volume record type optical storage technology by a nanoimprint thin optical discs.
- Developed a fuel cell that uses hydrogen derived from water and aluminum.
- Became the world's first qualified DLTtape manufacturer and commenced shipments of Maxell DLTtapeR S4 data cartridges.
- Commenced shipments of rewritable type HD DVD-R disk with a storage capacity of 15 GB at the first in the world.
- Launched a write-once BD-R disc and a rewritable BD-RE disc.
- Became the world's first qualified LTO manufacturer and commenced shipments of Maxell LTO Ultrium4 data cartridges.
- Launched world's first iVDR-standard hard disc drive, iV, capable of recording copyright-protected high-definition content.
- Developed DAT160 data cartridge.
- Developed technology for high-capacity tape media that uses ultra-thin, high-density nano-granular magnetic film.
- Commercialized the world's first 7.5GB (8cm) BD-R/RE discs for video cameras.
- Made Sliontec Corporation a consolidated subsidiary.
- Launched Dynamic Voltage high-performance alkaline dry batteries that are long-lasting and have triple-power.
- Developed a high-activity catalyst that enables higher performance fuel cells.
- Began mass production of glass pickup lenses for Blu-ray Disc drives.
- Developed heat-resistant separator that improves the safety of lithium ion rechargeable batteries.
- Began shipments of power-source-type cylindrical lithium ion
- Launched New Voltage, an alkaline dry battery designed to prevent electrolyte leakage.*2
- Completed construction of electrode plant in Kyoto Works.
- Merged Tohshin Seiko Co., Ltd., and Nagano Optics Laboratory Corporation to create Maxell Finetech Ltd.
- Began shipments of high-power cylindrical lithium ion rechargeable batteries that use significantly less cobalt.
- Developed the world's smallest *3 micro-camera lens units, which incorporate piezo actuators.